Since the launch of Office 365 in 2011, Microsoft drastically updated their compliance standards. Office 365 always had an impressive track record for compliancies.
Early cloud adopters were a bit skeptical towards security. As time progressed Microsoft built a foundation of trust. Companies such as Dropbox cannot compete with Microsoft’s compliance standards. For more info on the latest Drop box security breach click here.
Through the success of Exchange Online. Office 365 gained leverage towards mainstream cloud productivity services.
The latest Office 365 compliance (as of 10/24/14) is IRS 1075; this only applies to Office 365 Government plans.
However, we believe it’s a great time to revisit Office 365’s Top 10 Compliance Standards:
- Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA)
- Data processing agreements (DPAs)
- Federal Information Security Management Act (FISMA)
- ISO 27001
- European Union (EU) Model Clauses
- U.S.-EU Safe Harbor Framework
- Family Education Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA)
- Statement on Standards for Attestation Engagements No. 16 (SSAE 16)
- Canadian Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (PIPEDA)
- Gramm-Leach-Billey Act (GLBA)
For more info on Office 365 compliancies contact an Office 365 Adivsor today.